About the Network
The Australian Parent Engagement Network is a key component of the Parent Engagement Project.
The Network offers a virtual space for people passionate about engaging families in their children’s learning and education. Network members include researchers, educators, parents, policy-makers, community organisations and others interested in parent engagement in children’s learning.
The overall goal of the Network is to drive better understanding of and promotion of parent engagement with the aim of embedding the concept and its practice in schools across Australia. Core functions of the Network are to share information, to promote parent engagement, to build partnerships, and to provide expert consultation to the Parent Engagement Project.
A panel of experts leads the Australian Parent Engagement Network. In this voluntary role, our convenors actively support the development and implementation of the Network’s communication and engagement strategies, and build strategic membership of the Network.
The lead convenors of the Network have been selected based on their experience, personal interest in and passion for issues relating to parent engagement.
- Danielle Cronin, National Catholic Education Commission
- Shelley Hill, Australian Parents Council
- Greer Johnson, Griffith Institute for Education Research, Griffith University
- Carmel Nash, Federation of Parents and Friends in Catholic Schools Queensland
- Catherine Phillips, The Smith Family
- Phillip Spratt, Australian Council of State School Organisations
- A/Prof Christine Woodrow, Centre for Educational Research, Western Sydney University
Join the Network
Membership of the Network is free, and offers the opportunity to contribute expert input and feedback on ARACY’s work on parent engagement nationally. As a member you will have access to monthly blog posts, quarterly newsletters, quarterly webinars and ongoing opportunities for conversation and collaboration through social media.
To join the Network, either:
- Complete the Network application form and receive the Network newsletter on a quarterly basis, as well as access our upcoming online forum to connect with other Network members (this application is free), OR
Become an ARACY member to receive the Network newsletter and access the online forum, as well as other ARACY membership benefits such as the weekly eBulletin, monthly Our News and discounts to ARACY events and publications. You can also join other ARACY Networks, which you can indicate on the membership form.