Event Date: 6 June 2017 to 8 June 2017
Venue: The Pullman Hotel, Albert Park, Melbourne, Vic.
We are proud to co-host the 2017 Parent Engagement Conference Australia with The Smith Family, to be held at the Pullman Hotel, Albert Park, in Melbourne.
About the conference
The Australian Parent Engagement Conference is jointly hosted by ARACY and The Smith Family, and proudly supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Parent Engagement Conference Australia will bring research, policy and practice together to advance discussion about the importance of parent engagement to maximise every child’s learning potential. A key focus will be on ways to increase the effectiveness of parent engagement strategies through relationships, and through capacity building.
The conference has an outstanding line-up of international keynote speakers who are experts in parent engagement including Dr Karen Mapp, Dr Debbie Pushor and Prof Bill Lucas. Visit the Parent Engagement Conference website to find more about our international keynote speakers.
Delegates will experience feature presentations and workshops designed to showcase high impact, evidence-based engagement strategies. Speakers will share examples of quality program practice and in-depth examination from a variety of school and community contexts, linking research evidence with real-world applications.
The primary aim of the conference is to highlight the way parent engagement supports child wellbeing and learning outcomes, with four areas of focus:
- Growing a shared understanding of parent engagement and why it matters
- Acknowledging the diversity of contexts in which parent engagement operates
- Building a consistent approach to the measurement and evaluation of parent engagement
- Highlighting the importance of capacity building to the future direction of parent engagement in the Australian context.
The intended outcome of the conference is to build and strengthen a parent engagement community of practice in Australia.
- 31 October 2016 - Call for abstracts opened
- 30 January 2017 - Call for abstracts closed
- 6-20 February 2017 - Reviewing process
- 10 March 2017 - Successful authors confirm acceptance
- 17 March 2017 - Draft program released (10 days early!)
- 24 March - Early bird rate closes after a special 1-week extension
- 6-8 June 2017 - PE Conference